Custom Search

P90X

Come join in on the discussion of P90x! Keith and Kim are officially starting Sept 3. Whether you're just starting, thnking about starting or have already started all are welcome.
WeLink Del.icio.us Digg FURL FaceBook Stumble Upon Reddit Google Bookmarks Squidoo Technorati Yahoo My Web

Re: P90X

Postby Firebuster on Sat Oct 11, 2008 10:29 am

:D Hey, just got done with Yoga X :dance: 90 minutes in hell. Who ever said yoga looked easy should be shot. Hey wait, that was me. I'm pooped. I never knew you could work up a sweat just stretching. :o Now I gotta go take a shower and get busy. See ya later :D
Firebuster
Coach
Coach

Postby Lov2ski on Sat Oct 11, 2008 8:36 pm

Hey,

I did Yoga today :( It is not my favorite but I seem to get through it. I can't believe people do this for fun. I had to do it from home today by myself. I seem to do better at work with others. SEE ya tomorrow!
Lov2ski

Postby danik on Sun Oct 12, 2008 6:03 am

Guys - I have done yoga before and loved it but I have to say I have viewed Yoga X and that is a really hard one! Great job at getting it done! :clap:
Danielle
Beachbody Coach
danik
Coach
Coach

Postby Firebuster on Sun Oct 12, 2008 1:48 pm

:D Hey everyone- did legs and back this morning, great workout! :dance: Gotta do ab ripper later today. Kim gets home in a couple hours from camping with her cousin. :dance: :banana-rainbow: :character-spongebobdance: :obscene-tolietpush: :orcs-buttshake: :text-blondmoment: :text-feedback: :banana-skier: :auto-biker: :angry-extinguishflame: Sorry about that, I finally looked at "view more smilies" and there is a bunch of cute ones. See ya later. Keith
Firebuster
Coach
Coach

Postby Lov2ski on Sun Oct 12, 2008 2:14 pm

Hello

Just finished Back/Legs and ab ripper. I need a good rest now. Feel pretty soar now so tomorrow I ought to be takin it easy.

Tony
Lov2ski

Postby mommynnp on Mon Oct 13, 2008 6:19 am

Good morning everyone.

My name is Donna, I met Kim on the WW boards when I was looking for people who were on WW and doing P90X. I am so glad you guys have this website and forum going! I am close to goal with WW and will be giving up my subscription soon and am not sure what that is going to do with my community support logon.

A little about me. I am a 34 year old wife, mommy of 4, full time neonatal nurse practitioner. I generally work 2 24hr shifts per week. My hubby is an ER veterinarian and also works 24hr shifts (you have to have a strong stomach to sit at our dinner table...my brother-in-law is a firefighter as well). My goal with P90X was to get in the best shape of my life, and to shed these last 5 pounds that are still hanging on. I'd really like my body fat to be ~22% (I'm not sure if this is realistic or not though).

I started P90X on 8/31 and then had some minor surgery on 9/9 so I restarted on 9/14. The first phase went pretty well. I felt good, but tired by the end of the 1st 3 weeks. I was looking forward to recovery week. By day 5 in the recovery week, I was ready to go again! I watched the DVD's that were new in phase 2. I went back to my worksheets and jotted down weights and reps I'd done in phase 1 for exercises that were repeated in phase 2. I was ready! OK, so I started phase 2 yesterday and all I can say is OMG! Chest, shoulders and triceps kicked my booty hard core. I actually fell on my face in one of the last sets of push ups (I am embarrassed to say this). I was not able to lift as much or do as many reps as I was able to in phase 1 (with those exercises that are repeated). I was exhausted at the end. I burned 435 calories (which is pretty good for me as I am 4'11" and weigh 114.5lbs). I was also pretty discouraged. Did anyone else have these same issues? I just felt like I should have been able to lift as much and do as many reps as I had in phase 1. I feel like a wimp. I was exhausted when I rolled (OK, maybe slowly climbed) out of bed this morning for plyo. I was laughing at myself doing the jumping jack squats because I couldn't raise my arms over my head consistently and ended up just putting them on my hips. I just want to go back to bed.

Please tell me this is normal and I am not getting weaker or wimpier...I am now truely frightened of back and biceps tomorrow.

TIA for all assistence!

Donna
mommynnp

Postby mommynnp on Mon Oct 13, 2008 6:21 am

Oh yeah, and before today, my least favorite DVD was yogaX...it's now been replaced with chest, shoulders and triceps...I am longing for chest and back to come back!!!

Yoga for 90 minutes is a bit much for me...I'm REALLY type A...

D
mommynnp

Postby danik on Mon Oct 13, 2008 3:15 pm

Donna - you go girl! I really think I am going to do p90x after Chalene extreme. I am a bit afraid... :o

There are some awesome people on this board to help you... I know you can do it...
Danielle
Beachbody Coach
danik
Coach
Coach

Postby Firebuster on Mon Oct 13, 2008 8:13 pm

:dance: Hey everyone- did kenpo kick butt this morning at work. It's getting easier each time I do it, especially the coordination part.

Donna- welcome to the forum. I think you were the one Kim was telling me about last night and she answered some of your questions. Just remember that you are doing different exercises now with the chest, shoulders and triceps than you did with chest and back. No pull ups but more pushups. It's just different. Plus you had that week off. I felt weak the first time I did it also after the break. The second time was easier and I know when I do it again on wednesday it will be even better. Just wait till tomorrow when you have to do back and biceps. That is a killer workout. Especially the first time with all the bicep concentrations. But don't give up, it will get easier. Also make sure you are getting in enough calories to be doing this. You will run out of gas, guaranteed. I don't know what type of diet you are on, but if it's WW I don't think they have you eat enough. Iv'e lost about 8-10 pounds so far trying to stick to the P90X diet. It's a lot of food and it's hard to believe you can lose weight from it but I did. Tony is down over 20 pounds going into week 7 I think. So good luck :dance: .

Hey Danielle- are you doing P90X? I cant remember. I'm pretty sure Lisa is. I'm still trying to get a front shot of me posted. I might have to wear a bag on my head. :lol:

Tony didn't post today, he called in sick due to pukin all night. :cry: :angry-chillpill:

Tomorrow is rest day, I will do X stretch when I get a chance. :occasion-happyhalloween: :scared-eek:

Kim- xoxoxo :romance-inlove:
Firebuster
Coach
Coach

Postby mommynnp on Tue Oct 14, 2008 11:06 am

OK, back and biceps was better than chest, shoulders and triceps. I felt like I did a good job. Tomorrow is yoga...sigh.

Hubby took my measurments this morning and they were almost the same as a month ago...but I did them myself a month ago and he did not pull as tight as I did. So...I'll use his measurments and let him continue to measure. Thay way I know its more reliable. I went down a whole size even though I only lost 1.5lbs. I went shopping yesterday...dear hubby was dismayed when I walked in with 2 large bags from one of my favorite stores!

Hope everyone is having a great day!

D
mommynnp

PreviousNext

• Advertisement

Return to P90X, TMT----Tony Horton-----------CLICK HERE FOR FORUM----------