Custom Search

P90X

Come join in on the discussion of P90x! Keith and Kim are officially starting Sept 3. Whether you're just starting, thnking about starting or have already started all are welcome.
WeLink Del.icio.us Digg FURL FaceBook Stumble Upon Reddit Google Bookmarks Squidoo Technorati Yahoo My Web

Re: P90X

Postby danik on Sat Nov 15, 2008 9:08 am

Good Morning girls/guys!

I finished Kenpo today. I really liked it... My butt is so sore from the legs and back... wooo hhoooo. And yes Jessie those wall squats are killer! :o But I feel it and I am very happy about that.

I am so happy that week one is done!

I have to tell all of you that I was so nervous about starting this program. I just didn't think I could do it...but I am so stoked at how I did this week. I just can't believe how well I did and am just so happy that I took that leap to try something new. :aerobics:

I am going to Toledo tomorrow for the Turbo Jam coach meeting and the workout with Chalene. I am nervous... Not sure why...

I hope you are all doing great.. Tony we need pictures!
Danielle
Beachbody Coach
danik
Coach
Coach

Postby Lov2ski on Sun Nov 16, 2008 5:19 pm

Hello,

Buster and I are at work today. I watched him do yoga as we laughed because he hates it and so do we; it is just too tough. I ran and lifted a little. Then we went out on the drill field and pulled hose and threw ladders. All said and done it was a good day and I seem to be eating healthy even though I am not on a diet routine. It will be interesting to see if this lasts as we start bringing in the goodies for Thanksgiving and Christmas. You shouldn't let the fat kid guard the cake and this includes me.

Tony
Lov2ski

Postby Firebuster on Sun Nov 16, 2008 8:29 pm

:barbell: It's Sunday night and i almost dozed off before posting. :sleeping-yellow: Like Tony said, I did yoga this morning at work, by myself. People just walk by our tv room at work and shake their heads. They know it's a tough workouk, several of them have tried it. Usually they just do it once and don't want anything to do with it. I'm trying to change that. Usually I can get several of them to do abripper :situp: . They are crying at the end. :crying-green: Wednesday starts week 12. Thats the last hard week. The last week is recovery week. Almost there. I haven't been real good with the eating this past week. It's been hectic around the Howard house. :lol: C everyone later.
Firebuster
Coach
Coach

Postby danik on Mon Nov 17, 2008 2:13 pm

I did Core Synergistics today. I was tired... I think the workout with Chalene yesterday put me over a bit but I pushed through it. I hurt my tricep though. I used weights during the running thing where you stand still but move your arms really fast. After that I couldn't do a push up!

I will try to take it easy. Cardio X is tomorrow. :bike:

Hope everyone is doing great! :D
Danielle
Beachbody Coach
danik
Coach
Coach

Postby kem322 on Mon Nov 17, 2008 10:19 pm

Hi everyone! I'm another one of the WW board P90Xers. I'm on the same schedule as Keith and Kim - starting week 12 on Wednesday! I'm going to start a second round as soon as I'm done with the recovery week 13. I've had good results but not dramatic infomercial results and I've only lost about 2 pounds in the 12 weeks. I stopped doing WW early on because it didn't seem like it worked well with such an intense program and instead I count calories and try to get in enough protein and still run a 500 cal/day deficit in order to lose weight. Which I am not. So my question for you guys is - did you stick with the P90X diet plan the whole way through? I'm nervous to use it because it seems like too many calories. It puts me in the 2400 cal/day group which is more than I have been eating now. It seems like that would be the right amount for a man but not a woman. Any thoughts?
kem322

Postby danik on Tue Nov 18, 2008 7:19 am

Good morning!

Finished Cardio X today. I am so excited that I am not in the 130's! I have been at 140 for a month and 1/2! No turning back now woo hoo!

Kem: I just started P90x and also stopped WW. I was on a live chat with Tony last week and he doesn't count calories. He said if you make sure you eat fruits/veges and good grains and lean protein 90% of the time and workout 5-6 days a week the weight will come off. So I started that. I have been eating oatmeal for breakfast, having a fruit/vege as a snack, and watching what I eat at lunch and dinner. I will let you know how it goes. Of course I am only in week 2.

It is possible you were not eating enough. It is really important when you are working out so hard that you fuel your body.

I hope this helps! Great job though! Have you lost inches? Do you have before and after pics to post? :character37:
Danielle
Beachbody Coach
danik
Coach
Coach

Postby Firebuster on Tue Nov 18, 2008 7:54 am

:animal28: Mornin everyone- just got to work so thought I would post before I start. I did back and legs last night. Went heavy with the weights and it almost killed me. I don't hardly feel it today. Thats a good thing I guess. Getting stronger all the time. :flys: I think I will do kenpo this morning, I missed it earlier in the week. As far as losing weight, I lost 10 pounds the first month and I wasn't trying to. We stuck to the diet even though it seems like a lot of food. But it's the right food and if you are following the workouts you need that many calories. It doesn't make sense but it worked. If you read back through these posts you will see that Tony has lost over 20 pounds and he stuck to the diet. I have heard that the WW diet doesn't work with P90x since you won't eat enough, which somehow causes you not to lose weight. Again, it's wierd. If you are in a 500 calorie deficit you won't have enough gas to do the workouts correctly and you probably feel like crap. There was a couple of days I didn't eat all the food and I just about died during the workout. :lol: I don't know if you take the recovery drink but I found that it peps me back up and it does help me recover after the hard workouts. And it tastes good. Gotta go to work, see everyone later. :dance:
Firebuster
Coach
Coach

Postby newjessie on Tue Nov 18, 2008 12:21 pm

I use sparkpeople. To maintain my weight (133) and estimating that I burn 2700 cals/week in exercise, it has me eating 1700-2100 calories a day. The P90X plan put me at 1800 a day So they coincided pretty well. When I wanted to lose weight (from 140 to current weight), Sparkpeople had me eating ~1300-1700 cals/day when burning 2700 calories a week (aimed at 1 lb loss/week). Again, based on your current weight, you will need more calories. I really like sparkpeople as it logs my protein, calcium, carb, etc daily intake. I eat about 100 g protein/day.

When reviewing Tony's eating plan, it was very similar to my current plan (not only in calories needed but it what to eat). Thanks to Staci (who posts on the TJ boards in this forum and on WW boards), I was introduced to clean eating and do that 90% of the time. It is very similar to the core program on WW ... eating unprocessed foods.

I dod Plyo today ... I love that one!
newjessie

Postby danik on Tue Nov 18, 2008 12:30 pm

Hi Jess! I was worried about doing WW with p90x so I am just watching what I eat but making sure if my body needs something that I give it. I also added lots more fruit and vegs in. If I am hungry I am grabbing those instead and not worrying about it. I don't want to burn out and I want to make sure my body gets what it needs.Great job!

Firebuster: I love the recovery drink! I have taken it my last few workouts and it has really cut down on my soreness. And I feel great! :muscle:
Danielle
Beachbody Coach
danik
Coach
Coach

Postby newjessie on Wed Nov 19, 2008 9:09 am

I did Arms/Shoulders and Ab Ripper before work today.

Does anyone else have troubles keeping your balance during those froggy crunches close to the beginning?
newjessie

PreviousNext

• Advertisement

Return to P90X, TMT----Tony Horton-----------CLICK HERE FOR FORUM----------