Custom Search

P90X

Come join in on the discussion of P90x! Keith and Kim are officially starting Sept 3. Whether you're just starting, thnking about starting or have already started all are welcome.
WeLink Del.icio.us Digg FURL FaceBook Stumble Upon Reddit Google Bookmarks Squidoo Technorati Yahoo My Web

Re: P90X

Postby Firebuster on Wed Oct 29, 2008 11:49 am

:muscle: Hey everyone. It's the start of week 9 for me. Did abripper :situp: and treadmill for 1/2 hour this morning. Later today I will do chest and back.Tomorrow it's back to plyo at home. Gotta go to work now, see ya later! :dance:
Firebuster
Coach
Coach

Postby Lov2ski on Wed Oct 29, 2008 6:28 pm

Good Evening,

I had a good workout day. Buster and I did Ab ripper this morning and then I played basketball. Then this evening buster and I did Plyometrics. I am ready to go home; I can't wait for tomorrow~

Tony :twisted:
Lov2ski

Postby Firebuster on Thu Oct 30, 2008 4:18 pm

:barbell: Hey everyone- like Tony said, we did plyo yesterday instead of chest and back. So today I did chest and back with Kim. I can't feel my arms. After taking a week off for recovery it's tough getting into it again. It didn't help any that I did too much the first half and was pooped for the second round. :lol: Now I got rubber arms all day. Not sure what I will do tomorrow. Right now I'm gonna go :oooo .
Firebuster
Coach
Coach

Postby Firebuster on Sat Nov 01, 2008 3:00 pm

:flys: Hey everyone- it's saturday afternoon and it's raining outside. :( I did shoulders and arms this morning. My arms and chest were still sore from the last chest workout. Last night I did yoga. Hated it! But I know it's nothing but good. I can do pretty much everything now and I'm much more flexible. :muscle: Hopefully I can do ab ripper tonight and jog/walk fast for awhile. So until next time, see ya! :dance:
Firebuster
Coach
Coach

Postby newjessie on Mon Nov 03, 2008 10:35 am

Hello all. I know Kim from the WW Turbo Jam board. I just purchased P90X and it was shipped today :D

A little bit about me: I am a 37 yr old single (well divorced) mom of an 8 yr old daughter. I have always been about 20 lbs overweight (at least 20 lbs). This past May, I finally got serious and it all clicked. I went from 163 (was 170 in January 2008) to my current weight of ~136. I attribute my success to clean eating, the addition of strength training into my workout program, and just being into it. I am happy with my weight (I am 5' 6'') but would love to be more toned ... thus P90X. Looking forward to joining your journey!
newjessie

Postby Kim on Mon Nov 03, 2008 11:07 am

Welcome Jess! I'm so excited for you starting P90X! Do you follow the book by Tosca Reno? Dang, that was the other book I wanted Keith to get at the bookstore yesteday. I'm ready to try it. How hard is it to eat clean with a young daughter? I have the 3 boys and we'll see how they take it. LOL I need to step up my game here myself. I've been slacking the whole month of October but that is behind me. Time to move on! Our tv died downstairs but will make due with son's mini-tv. Need to do legs and back. BFN
Kim/Turbocrazzd
http://www.teambeachbody.com/turbocrazzd

ChaLEAN Extreme is almost here!!!
Click HERE for Details
Kim
Coach
Coach

Postby newjessie on Mon Nov 03, 2008 11:50 am

Kim:
So much of clean eating is like WW core. I read the Tosca book. The biggest change for me was getting rid of the frozen meals for lunches. Now I spend Sunday cooking at least 2 meals of some sort, portion out, and freeze to use throughout the week. I would say I eat about 85-90% clean. I still have my caffeine, still have things like ready-made granola bars, etc. I think the reduced sodium intake with staying away from processed foods has really helped me.

Luckily for me, Jenna has always loved healthy food. She craves fresh fruit and veggies. She always wants to go to the Chinese buffet ... not for the Chinese, but for the table of fresh fruit :D If she does not like what I am having, I make her something else (ravioli, pasta). I still by a lot or pre-packaged items for her lunch (again granola bars, sweetened applesauce, fruit cups) when she is at school.
Jess
newjessie

Postby newjessie on Wed Nov 05, 2008 6:37 am

Morning all! Got my P90X yesterday :aerobics:

Read through the fitness book and will review the menu book this week. I will officially start Sunday when my week on sparkpeople starts. I did break out Kenpo this morning (I had to try a new DVD before Sunday!!) and figured since I am familiar with kickboxing, I could do this one. Added my weighted gloves to the workout too.

I think I will follow the classic program since I am looking for more toning than weight loss. The classic and the lean were not too different anyway. I will monitor my calories burned with my HRM and will add in more cardio (probably TJ) if I am below my weekly calorie burn goal.

Looking forward to this!!
newjessie

Postby Kim on Wed Nov 05, 2008 11:39 am

Jess, I just got the Eating Clean diet book from Tosca and I was very happy to see that I've been mostly clean eating all along. Our big thing for dinner has always been white rice cooked in the rice cooker. We haven't had that in a couple months now. The kids miss it but they understand. Let me know how you liked the Kenpo. I know someone who did it with the gloves and a kick-boxing bag. It's meant to be non-contact but she said she had a blast.

Kim
Kim/Turbocrazzd
http://www.teambeachbody.com/turbocrazzd

ChaLEAN Extreme is almost here!!!
Click HERE for Details
Kim
Coach
Coach

Postby ur-cuz on Thu Nov 06, 2008 6:05 pm

Hey guys!!

Keith i made it through the first THREE weeks!! I thought for sure i'd die after the first one! It was a rough first week, specially starting at 5:00am. I normally wake up around 9:00am and start work at noon. So that was a big change for me also. The hardest things for me to do are the Plyo, Kenpo and Yoga. Just not a big stretching guy. My girlfriend (Sandy) has me doing it all. She is a spin coach at two diffrent gyms in town, so she's pushing me to do my best.
After three weeks, i can finally do all of the AbRipperX dvd!! Which to me..is amazing! I'm about 80percent on the Plyo and Kenpo, and i'm really good at the humming at the end of Yoga!

Like you, i'm sore as hell alot, but i know it's a good sore. We did take before and after pics, and i can already see a noticable diffrence in my arms and back. This week i have been really striving to do all the routines completely. Although tonight is Yoga...so you know i'm slacking before i start!

I'll send some pics after week 4.

Later..
ur-cuz
ur-cuz

PreviousNext

• Advertisement

Return to P90X, TMT----Tony Horton-----------CLICK HERE FOR FORUM----------