Custom Search

Hello Everyone

A place to introduce yourself
WeLink Del.icio.us Digg FURL FaceBook Stumble Upon Reddit Google Bookmarks Squidoo Technorati Yahoo My Web

Hello Everyone

Postby ur-cuz on Tue Oct 21, 2008 7:14 pm

Hi guys!!

I'm Kim's cousin from Wisconsin. I saw P90X on an infomercial last year. I was totally taken back when i found out Kim had done this and is a coach. She kinda inspired me to get it and try it. Now i have my girlfriend Sandy working out with me...thanks Kim!

Well, i finally got my P90X. My girlfriend (Sandy) and I started it on Monday Oct,20th. First dvd was awsome, till the next day! I was sore as heck!
Today we did the Poly dvd, I have never sweated so much in my life! Nine hours later...i'm dying! But it's a good hurt. Sandy is loving this, she is a spin coach to begin with, so it's not that hard for her yet! We're doing it together in the weeee hours of the morning before work.

One question...After the work out, i'm taking a protien shake. Should i be using the P90X recovery drink?

Take care and i will keep posting our progress

Bill
ur-cuz

Re: Hello Everyone

Postby Firebuster on Wed Oct 22, 2008 6:54 am

Hey Bill- welcome to the forum! :D I'm Keith, Kim's husband, your cuz in law. Today starts week 8 for me, so I know what you are going through with the pain. Trust me, it gets easier. Plyo is tough, it's probably the hardest workout. and ab ripper is hell, luckily for only 15 minutes. It gets easier. Wait till you do yoga, it's 90 minutes of hell and you will sweat like crazy, just from stretching. But it does nothing but good for you. I can stretch a lot further now than I used to. Also, when it says to take a day off on the 7th day, don't. Do the X stretch. It's fairly easy and will stretch out about every muscle you have.
I take the recovery drink every day right after my main workout. And then I eat a protien bar. On ab ripper days, I don't (can't is more like it) do it at the same time as the muscle workout. Too much at one time. :lol: You could probably drink a protien shake instead of the bar. Some days in the diet it calls for the protien drink as a meal. Just make sure it's a fairly lo cal drink.
Log into the P90X forum and read everything so far. And then post your progress and ask questions if you have any. Thats all I have time for now, I'm at work and it's time to get to work.

Keith
Firebuster
Coach
Coach

• Advertisement

Return to Welcome New Members